One of the best high school senior trip ideas in the United States is for a class to attend Grad Nite in Walt Disney World Orlando. There’s also a Grad Nite for high school seniors at the Disneyland California location, for students that find travel easier to a West Coast location.
On Grad Nite, Magic Kingdom is closed to everyone except high school seniors on the cusp of their graduation — and the park is theirs all night. In 2011, Grad Night is slated for April 29th and 30th and May 6th and 7th at Walt Disney World Orlando. In order to reserve a place at Grad Nite, teachers and trip leaders scheduling this type of senior trip will want to plan at least six months in advance, and start making commitments by the end of 2010.
There are lots of reasons to recommend Grad Nite to parents. Many senior parties near home may include the opportunity to consume alcohol. This is a concern for many parents who do no allow their children to drink and certainly do not want them driving if they do consume alcohol. The event occurs in one place and transportation is provided to and from the park. Grad Nite is alcohol free and monitored by adults and employees of the park.
High School Seniors enjoy dancing, going on rides, video games, and dining in a closely monitored, public environment. They get to spend the evening with their high school friends and engage in activities any teenager might enjoy. Students travel to the event with chaperones, and with some educational travel companies, security is provided while the group is resting at the hotel. When security is provided at the hotel, it gives additional piece of mind to parents and teachers.
The Grad Nite event is designed to appeal directly to high school seniors, with the entertainment selected with their tastes in mind.
In 2011, Grad Nite in Orlando is scheduled to include the following:
– DJ Pauly D, who plays dance mixes with electronic sounds that appeal to this age group, will occupy the Cinderella Stage.
– Live music is also scheduled for the evening, with two bands slated to perform: Taio Cruz and 3OH!3.
– Seniors get to hang out with their friends and dance in an alcohol free environment and meet graduating seniors from across the U.S.
– Access to interactive video games gives students a pleasurable break from dancing or rides and another way to celebrate with friends.
– Students can take as many rides as they like Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and other popular Magic Kingdom rides.
– Near the end of the evening, a fireworks show is provided to honor graduating seniors. This show makes the group of traveling high school seniors feel like the center of attention.
For seniors who want special mementos to remind them of their Grad Night experience, Walt Disney World sells keepsakes commemorating the evening. They can also take photos or have them taken by a Disney World photographer.
Student travel discounts are available for groups of ten or more students and are best obtained by working directly with an educational travel company that specializes in booking group tours. Grad Nite fills up fast, so book early to ensure a group reservation.